Monday, November 11, 2013

MicroAquarium Entry #4

The last time I visited my aquarium, it was quite different. To begin, it was much, much dirtier this time. The water had a green tint to it, and there was a lot of algae. The desmids looked greener, but there were fewer of them. I saw a few less Cycloips this time, and I even saw one dead one. Only one of the Cycloips still had an eggsac though. The groups of flagellates in the aquarium seemed to be fewer, but the ones that were there were still moving around just as much. I saw a few kinds of rotifers. One of which was a Philodina, but I could not get a picture of it. Another one was a Otestophanus monteti, as identified in Rotifers by Josef Donner. I also saw about three or four soil nematodes at the bottom that were eating everything in sight. I had pictures, but I could not photoshop them on my computer for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment